For the love of cars, fast cars and super fast cars with sleek and wonderful designs, we take you on a journey into the world of luxury and style, into the world of Lamborghini. In this article, we will let you know the facts about Lamborghini the Italian car brand that has made it so special and so luxurious. An Italian manufacturing magnate, founded Automobili by Ferruccio Lamborghini S.p.A. in 1963 to compete with established marques, including Ferrari. The company gained wide acclaim in 1966 for the Miura sports coupé, which established rear mid-engine, rear wheel drive as the standard layout for high-performance cars of the era. This car brand grew rapidly during its first decade, but sales plunged in the wake of 1973 worldwide coupled with financial downturn and the oil crisis. The firm’s ownership changed three times since 1973, including a bankruptcy in 1978.
1. Another Lamborghini facts you should know is that the American Chrysler Corporation took control of this company in 1987 and sold it to Malaysian investment group Mycom Setdco and Indonesian group V’Power Corporation in 1994. In 1998, Mycom Setdco and V’Power sold Lamborghini to the Volkswagen Group where it was placed under the control of the group’s Audi division. So with that introduction out of the way let’s get down to it top 10 Lamborghini facts.
2.The only place in the world where this car brand will not be a rare sight is Sant’Agata Bolognese, a small administrative division 32 km from Bologna. This place is home to the Italian sports car maker. Since the company was founded in 1963 by Ferruccio Lamborghini. It was sold to Audi AG in 1998.
3. The company produced a record 2,430 vehicles in 2008. Of this, nearly 1,800 were the best-selling car, the Gallardo, and just over 630 of them were the flagship model, the Murcielago.This could be why it’s featured on the top 10 Lamborghini facts. The Murcielago can go from 0 to 100 kmph in 3.4 seconds. It has a top speed of 340 kmph.The fastest Lamborghini is the Le Mans version of the Murcielago R-GT model has been reported to have a top speed of 370 km/h. The fastest street model from this brand is the Murcielago LP640 with an estimated top speed of 340 km/h. Both of the models have a V12 engine with more than 6000 cc what a wonder to behold.
4. Another facts that come from way back During WWII, this company was isolated on the island of Rhodes with the Navy. During that time he quickly earned the reputation of being a master mechanic and prolific tinkerer. He could make weaponry and machines work from any old spare parts. Similar to the time Tony Stark built a nuclear reactor in a cave.
5. Ferruccio Lamborghini was a fan of the Spanish bullfight. In 1963, he visited the cattle-bred farm Miura in Seville. It was owned by Don Eduardo Miura Fernandez, one of the most famous breeders of fighting bulls in Spain. His visit had a strong influence. In fact, he was so impressed by the traditional art of bullfighting, that he made a decision to name all his new sports cars after famous fighting bulls which takes us into another Lamborghini facts. Traditionally in Spanish bullfight, bulls that manage to defeat a matador are given life, and their names are forever inscribed in the history of the sport. Ferruccio was convinced, that a name of a fighting bull will emphasize the untamed nature of sports cars created under Lamborghini marque. Ferruccio was also a bull in a way since his zodiac sign was Taurus. (He was born on April 28, 1916).
6. This company brand provides two Gallardos to the Italian state police, which uses the cars for delivering organ transplants to patients. Interestingly, the special Lamborghini Facts is that these cars are also used by the police of the United Arab Emirates and these countries are known to have the fastest police cars in the world.
7.Lamborghini used to be an independent company, but today it is a subsidiary of the German company Audi AG. Audi AG became the owner of the company in 1998 and it went bankrupt in 1978 and was sold to Chrysler a long time before Audi AG became the sole owner of the company.Several of the newer models of this car brand features the familiar Lamborghini scissor doors that rotate up and forward on a hinge near the front of the door. The Countach, the Diablo, and the Murcielago all have scissor doors, but the Gallardo does not. Both the Countach and the Diablo are no longer being produced, so the Murcielago is the only current model with scissor doors and I guess you should know these Lamborghini facts too.
8. One of the most impressive facts ever is that No brand of this company has ever been produced with less than a V8 engine. Most of their models throughout the history of the company have come with the legendary Lamborghini V12 engine, but the newest model, Gallardo, only have a V10 engine. There are no models with a V8 engine since the production of the Silhouette stopped in 1989. People usually think of luxury and high-performance grand tourers, whenever someone mentions the name, Lamborghini. Nevertheless, the Italian automaker has created few unusual models. Ferruccio had an extensive experience in producing tractors, so it seemed natural for him to try his hand at designing an automobile with high off-road capabilities.
9. These are the Lamborghini facts that the “Lamborghini LM002” was the first SUV, built by Italian vehicle manufacturer. Combining speed and luxuriousness with exceptional off-road capabilities, LM002 was in many respects far ahead of its time. When it comes to comfort and ability to cross the difficult terrain, only Land Rover could compete with LM002. Unfortunately, automobile market was not quite ready for the new luxury SUV. Therefore, despite the orders from armed forces of Saudi Arabia and Libya, Lamborghini sold only 301 vehicles.
10. This company is partly responsible for the emerging of the well-known automobile marque Pagani. The founder of the Pagani Automobili S.p.A, Horacio Pagani, had worked as an engineer at Lamborghini until he quit due to inability to employ his own ideas. In 1988, the famous Argentinian constructor, eager to put to use his design talent and make his own product, created a new company Pagani Automobili S.p.A. The Pagani company today is famous for its concept design of the Zonda F and huayra.